Games Media Awards 2014
Only eight days left now until the winners are revealed!
Are you excited? Are you, ARE YOU?! We certainly are.. With over 250 expected attendees and around 150 of them from specialist outlets and national press.
The finalists for the ten award categories were revealed last Monday and eight of these ten were have been voted for by panels of games journalists and their peers in the games business. They will also be giving two extra special awards which will be voted for by the event’s attendees and by consumers!
The comedian Holly Walsh has been confirmed as host of the event which is set to be held next Wednesday 15th October in the newly revamped Bloomsbury Ballroom.
Also, the event sponsors for this year’s show include PlayFire, Sega, OnLive, NCSOFT, DC Thomson and EA FIFA 15. Ooh, it’s all too much!
Here is the Gamer’s Choice longlist:
- The Real Games Journalist interviews Mike Bithell by Gav Murphy for CVG
- Inside Monopoly’s Secret War Against the Third Reich by Christian Donlan for Eurogamer
- Disabled Gamers: Part of Your World by Jordan Erica Webber for Kotaku UK
- Hands-on with Fiona Bruce: BBC uploads the UK’s favourite news personality to Oculus Rift by Steve Hogarty for PC Games N
- Dragon Age’s first ‘fully gay’ character by Aoife Wilson for OXM Blog
- American Roads and Game Design: A Love Letter by Cara Ellison for Kotaku UK
- The Video Game Invasion of Iraq by Simon Parkin for The New Yorker
- The Last Of Us: Left Behind is a masterful, affectionate and poignant farewell by Chris Schilling for Edge Online
- Chico’s Tape 4 by Ria Jenkins
- Day Z: An Anthropological Study by Angus Morrison for RE:Roll
- Escaping into Skyrim by Anonymous for Midnight Resistance
- IGN UK Podcast – Episode 243: The Blabber Dook