Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that November’s PlayStation Plus games will include three bonus PlayStation VR titles
To celebrate PS VR’s fifth birthday, there will be in addition to the service’s regular monthly offering in which PlayStation Plus members will get, with full details on November’s PS Plus titles set to be confirmed later this month.
In a PlayStation Blog post which includes “a trip down memory lane” with PS VR developers, Sony revealed the most popular games for the platform to date, based on playtime, excluding free title The Playroom VR.
Most-played PS VR games globally:
- Rec Room
- Beat Saber
- PlayStation VR Worlds
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard
Most-played PS VR Games by region
- Europe: Rec Room, PlayStation VR Worlds, Beat Saber, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7 biohazard
- North America: Rec Room, Beat Saber, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, Job Simulator, Firewall: Zero Hour
- Japan: Resident Evil 7 biohazard, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, Beat Saber, Gran Turismo Sport
According to Sony, PlayStation VR has sold over five million units; the platform now supports more than 500 games and experiences. This headset features “dramatic leaps in performance and interactivity”, having players feel “an even greater sense of presence and become even more immersed in their game worlds”, they claimed in February 2021.
The success of this has lead to a development of a “next-generation VR system” designed for PS5 set to release during the 2022 holiday season.
Don’t forget to follow us on all our social media and subscribe to our Youtube channel and newsletter.