He plans to partner with “mega influencers” to create a “dream” title…
The notorious streamer who once worked as a community manager and level designer at Call of Duty developer Sledgehammer Games is recruiting a studio head for his new business.
A job advert on Dr Disrespect’s website reads, ““Dr Disrespect in partnership with BoomTV is taking on the game industry by storm and incubating a new AA/AAA gaming studio that has a unique twist to it”.
“The studio plans to forge a partnership with a select list of mega influencers and then work closely with them to launch their dream gaming title… Those gaming titles will either be incubated and developed, OR partner/co develop[ed] with existing indie game developers and launched as mega titles.”
The offer for a successful job candidate is juicy, to say the least. The successful candidate will be offered a co-founder position promising a competitive salary and a significant equity stake.
Their official duties will include “spearheading the design, art, core gaming loops, meta, viral and retention loops and iterate monetization, go to market, integrated esports and influencer marketing”.
The full list of responsibilities and experience requirements are as follows:
- This is a HANDS-ON management role
- Develop and publish games on Epic / Steam / Console
- Work with the marketing team to have a go-to-market strategy, including influencer marketing
- Relentlessly iterate gaming loops while evaluating KPIs around retention, monetization, and community feedback. Contribute ideas and push boundaries of projects
- Deep knowledge of the history of PC games, indie, AA, AAA games launched and their success. Keeping up to speed with the quickly evolving market of gaming and working with internal researchers to identify market opportunities
- Participate in fundraising activities for the studio
- Be able to attract talent for high functioning teams
- Have a social persona and be able to communicate with the community on an ongoing basis
- At least 5+ years experience as a producer in the PC / console game industry
- Demonstrable experience in developing and publishing AA+ or AAA games reaching at least 100k+ users
- Strong experience in project management, Agile management style; facilitating scrums, and sprints
- Demonstrable creative and innovative streak in past projects
- Prior experience with analytical tools and cohort analysis on consumer usage patterns
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment. Be able to compartmentalize.
- Familiarity with esports and influencer marketing is a plus
- Extroverted with excellent verbal & written communication skills
Dr Disrespect currently streams on YouTube, where his channel has 3.44 million subscribers.
He was one of Twitch’s most popular streaming personalities before the June 2020 termination of an exclusive deal with the platform, said to have been worth as much as $10 million a year.
To keep updated with the shop activities and weekly competitions, follow Go2Games on social media: