Who wants some Wang? Well, if you do then you dont have long to wait, as it has been leaked that Shadow Warrior 3 will be launching it march. As of right now there hasnt been an official statement by publisher Devolver Digital, but the Xbox and Playstation Stores have updated their listings with a March 1st release date, so this *seems* like the real deal. The listings have also revealed a price of $50, and some pre-order Bonuses:
- Shadow Warrior [Full game]
- Shadow Warrior 2 [Full Game]
- Limited Edition Katana Skin [DLC] for shadow Warrior 3
Now, of course, I personally would have liked to have seen the Shadow Warrior Classic redux on that list given that (personally) I have never really been a fan of “New Wang” and, despite its cringeworthy dialogue and… lets say questionable voice work, I do prefer the older game. But, even then this is a good little bundle. Here is a quick rundown of what the game has to offer:
Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on a mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocalypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon’s egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to hold off the impending cataclysm.
- Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
- Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
- Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
- Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
- Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
- Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrill-ride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.
Shadow Warrior 3 will launch on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X/S and PS5 on March 1st (official announcement pending)
Pro Wang 2013 when Civvie?
Sign up for our newsletter from the website.