Football fans across the world will know how painful an international break can be. The long two weeks without any club football can leave you twiddling your thumbs, especially for England fans. Two games against Albania and San Marino are hardly going to get the hairs on the back of your neck up, are they? Thankfully, EA is here to save us.
It isn’t all doom and gloom. Not only is the return of the Premier League on the horizon this weekend, but FIFA players have just been treated to to what is arguably the best TOTW thus far. The international break has given us some stellar individual performances which have now materialised into some impressive inform cards. See, there is something good to come out of the international break after all.
For those unfamiliar with EA’s methods, here’s a quick explanation. Every week, FIFA creates a new version of a player who performed well in that particular week. The subsequent week these players will replaced with another set of cards, and the process continues. The cards are then either available to purchase through the FUT market, or by opening packs (if you’ve got luck on your side, that is).
Now that’s cleared up, take a look at TOTW 9 down below. We’ve got to say, there’s some cards in there we’re certainly eyeing up this week.
Kane And Mbappe Standout Players Of TOTW 9
As you can see, there are multiple players who look like they’ll be a fine addition to any Ultimate team. Former Liverpool man Shaqiri has impressive dribbling stats here, and Watford winger Ismaila Sarr will cause any FIFA defence problems with his pace. However, there is quite clearly a duo of players who are head and shoulders above the rest. Of course, its Harry Kane and Kylian Mbappe. Those two have inexplicably good stats which would frighten any FIFA player out there. Let’s have a quick look at their individual cards, and how they obtained them.
Firstly, it’s probably best to start with highest rated card on there-Mbappe himself. It’s no mystery how he worked himself into this TOTW, after scoring an incredible FOUR goals against Kazakhstan and producing a stunning solo effort against Finland. The FIFA cover star needs no introduction, and as if his original card wasn’t good enough already, well there’s going to be no chance stopping this man now when he gets going. Boasting a blistering 98 Pace and 93 dribbling, combined with an incredible 89 Shooting, well all you can really do when you come up against him now will be button-bash and pray.
However, anything Mbappe can do, Kane can do better, right? The England Captain managed to bag himself seven, yes SEVEN, goals this international break. A hat-trick against Albania at Wembley was quickly followed up by a four goal haul in San Marino, which means he’s now only five goals from equalling Wayne Rooney’s all time England goal scoring record.
Whilst neither team were the deadliest of foes, it certainly won’t hurt the Tottenham strikers confidence, which so far this season has been rock bottom. Additionally, that 92 Shooting stat will definitely give any FIFA player who has him the confidence to win any game. If players manage to get a strike partnership of him and Mbappe, well then we’re all doomed. Especially with all those cheaters out there!
The Full List Of EA FIFA 22 TOTW 9
If you would like the full list of names here so you can check to see why they achieved their card this week, well here you go:
- GK: Emiliano Martínez 86-rated (Aston Villa).
- LB: Joakim Mæhle 81-rated (Atalanta).
- CB: Jonny Evans 83-rated (Leicester City).
- RB: Christopher Trimmel 81-rated (Union Berlin).
- CM: Enis Bardhi 82-rated (Levante).
- CM: Zambo Anguissa 81-rated (Napoli).
- RM: Jonas Hofmann 84-rated (Borussia M’gladbach).
- CAM: Xherdan Shaqiri 82-rated (Lyon).
- RW: Ismaïla Sarr 84-rated (Watford).
- ST: Kylian Mbappé 92-rated (Paris Saint-Germain).
- ST: Harry Kane 91-rated (Tottenham Hotspur).
- GK: Mathew Ryan 81-rated (Real Sociedad).
- LB: Nicușor Bancu 78-rated (Universitatea Craiova).
- CB: Piero Hincapié 78-rated (Bayern Leverkusen).
- CM: Stephen Eustáquio 81-rated (Paços Ferreira).
- CM: Robin Lod 79-rated (Minnesota United).
- CAM: Ondrej Duda 81-rated (Köln).
- LW: Scott Twine 75-rated (MK Dons).
- LW: Maxwel Cornet 81-rated (Burnley).
- CF: Dominik Szoboszlai 81-rated (RB Leipzig).
- ST: Burak Yilmaz 84-rated (Lille).
- ST: Fashion Sakala 79-rated (Rangers).
- ST: Gerson Rodrigues 79-rated (Troyes).
So there we have it. Go out there and try and pack them all! If you’re yet to own a copy of FIFA 22, be sure to pick one up from our store right here.
Sign up for our newsletter from the website.